Skip to main content Portal State Agency Listing

New York Vista
Law and Order
Consumer Info
Career / Employment
Licenses & Credentials
Recreation / Tourism
Tax Information
How Do I?
Open Meeting Webcasts
  Health > Mental Health/Hygiene
  Related Links   
  Alcoholism / Substance Abuse Information
  Disability Issues (Health)
  Health Care Providers
  Health Insurance
  HIPAA - Health Ins. Portability & Accountability
  Illness or Condition
  Mental Health/Hygiene
 How can I find out about career opportunities with the Office of Mental Health?
 How does someone get admitted to a State psychiatric Center?
 What does the Office of Mental Health do?
 Are there any efforts to make young people aware and sensitive to people with disabilities?
 Are there any programs making it possible for individuals with disabilities to own their own home?
 Are there any resource materials on the Web for training, responsibilities, and roles of board members in not-for-profit agencies or organizations?
 Are there any resources for educating and informing people about the legal rights of individuals with disabilities?
 Can you provide some examples of best practices in programs, policies, or procedures in the mental hygiene system?
 How can I obtain timely informed consent for major medical or dental treatment for a person with a mental disability who lives in or receives services from a facility or program licensed, operated, or funded by a state mental hygiene office?
 How do I order Mental Hygiene forms and publications?
 How many psychiatric centers does New York State operate and which one is closest to my community?
 I am a parent of an 18 year old with developmental disabilities. Must I become his/her guardian?
 I am a parent or family member concerned about maintaining assets for the use of my child/relative with disabilities to maintain/improve the quality of his/her life. Can you help with the financial planning?
 I am concerned about the future of my child who has a developmental disability. How should I plan for his/her needs after I will no longer be available to protect or advocate for him/her?
 I believe a state-operated or licensed program serving people with mental disabilities is misusing funds or committing fiscal fraud. Where can I report this?
 I have a complaint about the care and treatment at a New York State-operated or licensed facility or program for people with mental disabilities. What should I do?
 Is there a speakers bureau where an agency or consumer/parent group could call on speakers to address legal, civil rights, life planning, investigative, and fiscal issues related to care and treatment of individuals with disabilities?
 My relative recently died. (S)he was receiving services from a mental health or mental retardation and developmental disabilities program. How can I be sure that (s)he received appropriate medical care before his/her death?
 What is Kendra's Law and where can I get information about it?
 Where can I find a listing of programs and services for persons with developmental disabilities in New York State?
 Where can I get information and forms regarding health care proxies and mental health care advance directives to plan for health and/or mental health care decision-making?
 Where can I get up to date information about mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, depression and bipolar disorder?
 Where can I obtain protection and advocacy legal or technical assistance regarding rights and services for people with disabilities?
  Patients Rights
  Staying Healthy / Wellness & Prevention
  Volunteering / Community Service (HEALTH)
NYS Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer