Skip to main content Portal State Agency Listing

New York Vista
Law and Order
Consumer Info
Career / Employment
Licenses & Credentials
Recreation / Tourism
Tax Information
How Do I?
Open Meeting Webcasts
  Environment > Environmental Regulation
  Related Links   


Question How do I know if I need an Adirondack Park Agency permit?

Answer The Adirondack Park Agency (APA) has many helpful staff and publications to assist you when you have a question. Perhaps one of the most common inquiries is: "How do I know if I need an APA permit?" This can be a complex question, but a good rule of thumb is to check with the APA any time you are considering any new land use and development on your property, ie: construction of a structure, subdivision of land, new or expanded commercial or other use, especially if involving shoreline of lake, river or wetlands. The best way to do this is to contact our Jurisdictional Inquires Office at 518-891-4050 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday. It would be helpful to have your tax map number handy when you call. You may also find it helpful to read the Citizen’s Guide.

Back More Info 
Addressing the Needs of Property Owners

Links to the Citizen’s Guide, the permit process, and forms

NYS Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer