Skip to main content Portal State Agency Listing

New York Vista
Law and Order
Consumer Info
Career / Employment
Licenses & Credentials
Recreation / Tourism
Tax Information
How Do I?
Open Meeting Webcasts
  Housing > Housing for the Elderly
  Related Links   


Question I am a senior citizen on a fixed income who owns my own home. Where can I get help to make emergency repairs?

Answer The Division of Housing and Community Renewal makes awards to local municipalities under the Emergency Home Repair Program for the Elderly (RESTORE). RESTORE provides assistance with the cost of emergency repairs to eliminate hazardous conditions in homes owned by the elderly when they cannot afford to make the repairs in a timely fashion. The work might include repairs such as work on furnaces, roofs, electrical wiring, and ramps for wheelchairs. To be eligible for assistance you must be 60 years of age or older with an income that does not exceed 80 percent of the area median income. To inquire about the availability of RESTORE funds in your area, contact the DHCR Regional Office nearest you.

Back More Info 
RESTORE Program description


NYS Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer