Skip to main content Portal State Agency Listing

New York Vista
Law and Order
Consumer Info
Career / Employment
Licenses & Credentials
Recreation / Tourism
Tax Information
How Do I?
Open Meeting Webcasts
  Law & Order > Victim Services
  Related Links   


Question How can I talk to a parole officer about a person on parole or post release supervision?

Answer Citizens can call a toll-free number (1-888-VINE-4-NY) to find out the area office location and phone number of the supervision bureau for cases released to parole supervision after January 1, 1999. The VINE system (which stands for Victim Information and Notification Everyday) provides this service by way of a contract with New York State. If a caller knows the releasee's New York State ID number (NYSID), Department Identification Number (DIN) or the releasee's name, citizens can call the toll-free number listed above and determine the phone number and the location of the supervision bureau. Any citizen can also call the supervision bureau and ask to speak to a Division of Parole staff person regarding a particular releasee. Supervision bureaus are organized regionally and the phone number of the closest supervision bureau is generally listed in the blue pages of the local phone book.

Back More Info 
Victim Impact

Information related to victim impact statements
Contact: Tom Grant Division of Parole Office of Public Affairs
Phone: (518) 486-4631 or Fax: (518) 473-6037

NYS Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer