Skip to main content Portal State Agency Listing

New York Vista
Law and Order
Consumer Info
Career / Employment
Licenses & Credentials
Recreation / Tourism
Tax Information
How Do I?
Open Meeting Webcasts
  Law & Order > Victim Services
  Related Links   


Question I am a victim of a crime. How can I make my views known to the Parole Board?

Answer New York State Law and the rules and regulations of the Board of Parole provide for victim input into the parole process. Any individual may send a confidential written statement to the Board of Parole with respect to any inmate. The confidential written statement will be submitted to the Board at the time of the inmate's appearance for release consideration. Certain crime victims may also request an in-person interview with a Board member or they may wish to submit an audio or videotape message to the Parole Board prior to an inmate's appearance. For additional information or to register with the Division of Parole's Victim Impact Unit, citizens may call 1-800-639-2650 and ask to speak with a victim representative.

Back More Info 
Victim Impact

How crime victims can contact the Board of Parole
Contact: Tom Grant Division of Parole Office of Public Affairs
Phone: (518) 486-4631 or Fax: (518) 473-6037

NYS Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer