Skip to main content Portal State Agency Listing

New York Vista
Law and Order
Consumer Info
Career / Employment
Licenses & Credentials
Recreation / Tourism
Tax Information
How Do I?
Open Meeting Webcasts
  Career / Employment > Unemployment Insurance Benefits
  Related Links   


Question What do I need to have available when I file an unemployment insurance claim?

Answer What you should have available when you file: *Your Social Security number. *Your New York State driver's license or Motor Vehicle ID card number if you have one. *Your mailing address and zip code. *A telephone number where you can be contacted for additional information. *If you are not a citizen, your alien registration card number. *The names and addresses of all employers for whom you've worked within the last 18 months, including those in another state. *Your copies of forms SF8 and SF50, if you had federal employment within the last 18 months. *Your copy of your most recent separation form DD 214, if you are an ex-service member claiming benefits based on your military service. Your claim should be filed in the first week that you have become totally or partially unemployed. A delay may cost you benefits.

Back More Info 
Unemployment Insurance Information for Claimants

Unemployment Insurance Information for Claimants

NYS Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer