Skip to main content Portal State Agency Listing

New York Vista
Law and Order
Consumer Info
Career / Employment
Licenses & Credentials
Recreation / Tourism
Tax Information
How Do I?
Open Meeting Webcasts
  Housing > Housing for Persons with Disabilities
  Related Links   


Question I believe I'm being discriminated against because of my disability. Where can I go for help?

Answer If you believe you're being discriminated against because of a disability, you can file a complaint with The New York State Division of Human Rights. See: http: // The NYSDHR enforces the New York State Human Rights Law. The law, protects individuals from discrimination based on their disabilities and on certain personal traits. Anyone claiming to have been discriminated at work, in a place where the public is served (i.e.; restaurant, hotel or doctor's office) or when buying or renting a house or apartment, can file a claim with the Division of Human Rights. The Human Rights Law also protects you from discrimination when applying for credit or when applying for admission to certain schools.

Back More Info 
New York State Division of Human Rights home page.

DHR's Home Page

NYS Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer